Regional Design Strategy Manager (Bay Area) – Sunnyvale, CA, US | Works
OFFICE WITHOUT TITLE (OR)
Sunnyvale, California, United StatesLocation:
Thu 16 Jun ’22Posted on:
OFFICEUNTITLED (OU) is an energetic young architecture and design firm focused on creative solutions across multiple scales and typologies including commercial, hospitality, residential and mixed-use. Founded in 2013 as R&A and rebranded in 2019 as OFFICEUNTITLED, the practice draws on the award-winning design and project leadership of its four principals and a broad portfolio of experience in architectural and transformative interiors. OFFICEUNTITLED sees the value of each project as an opportunity for transformation and impact.
“We discover the unseen, the unexpected and the fantastic through fearless curiosity, research and exploration to reinvent new typologies for a better future.”
About the OUx design strategy:
OUx is a new model of design strategy that combines creativity and advice to enable our customers to meet the challenges of this ever-changing world. We are a collection of design strategy thinkers and creatives at OFFICEUNTITLED (OU). This specialized group brings innovative and resilient thinking to define and solve complex problems. The team includes strategists, architects, urban planners, interior designers, and digital artists who work with our clients to clearly define challenges, foster collaborative ideation, articulate resilient visions, and embrace actionable solutions.
“We help translate and articulate our clients’ vision, brand and culture to ensure that their physical environment enhances the end-user experience, which positively impacts the future of cities, neighborhoods and businesses.”
We are looking for a Regional Design Strategy Manager to partner with our client’s talented global real estate design and development organization. The role focuses on the strategic planning and management of the design of our clients’ hospitality and workplace accommodation programs. Working as contributors to the client’s real estate organization, the Regional Design Strategy Manager is responsible for the holistic execution and implementation of the strategic vision for the company’s hospitality programs at venues. specific. In close partnership with the Real Estate and Amenity Programs teams (Food, Events, Fitness, Transportation, etc.), the Regional Design Strategy Manager will act as the local delegate for approach, process and delivery. strategic directions for an integrated hospitality experience.
This role is based in Sunnyvale, CA with an expectation of being onsite in the office three days a week. We already have a Design Strategist working in Los Angeles, New York and Germany and you will join part of this growing global team. You will interface with our current team and report directly to the Senior Regional Client Manager. While based in our client’s world-class offices, you will be a key part of the OUx team and benefit from the design support and training offered by our administrative support and design teams.
The ideal person for this role is a multifaceted and innovative problem solver with a broad knowledge of design, architecture and urban planning with experience in hospitality and workplace amenity programming . Additionally, you must be a clear communicator, action-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable with ambiguity. This position is best suited for someone who thrives in a fast-paced multitasking environment, values creativity and collaboration, and is passionate about delivering the highest quality projects.
- Facilitate a consistent approach to project launch
- Support the launch of the real estate team engagement process
- Contribute to early stage project vision and strategic definition
- Act as the day-to-day contact for the regional design partner and work with property development managers and project management teams during planning and schematic design
- Manage execution of local accreditation experience strategy to align with global frameworks
- Coordinate holistic interface with program design, program and operating partners.
- Work closely with the organization’s leadership team to support initiatives and improve global/local alignment and communications
- Represent our client at meetings and help define project objectives, vision and strategic programming in collaboration with a wider team
- Responsible for communications with the client, project stakeholders and other consultants
- Lead collaborative workshops focused on gathering design, vision and programming feedback with other designers, operators, program managers, project stakeholders and clients
- Work with an extended internal team to strategize and collaborate, providing thought leadership and perspective
- Independently generate refined graphics to communicate ideas, including urban design strategies, written narratives, concept diagrams, planning/scheduling concepts, and design and project processes/timelines,
- Create urban planning strategies in collaboration with the client, cartographic analyzes and creative diagrams to communicate questions and ideas within the project team
- Ideate in collaboration with the client and graphically communicate strategic planning alternatives for a range of project scales, from construction planning to large-scale urban neighborhoods.
- Understand a data-driven approach to large-scale strategic planning and development.
Qualifications and key skills
We are open to receiving applications from candidates with a variety of backgrounds and backgrounds. If you meet most of the qualifications below, we encourage you to apply:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in design or design management and/or official qualification/diploma in architecture, urban design, urban planning or master planning.
- Professional experience in the programming, design and operation of hotel and hotel projects, including urban planning, rights, workplace and mixed-use project experience
- Core and shell and tenant improvement experience. Indoor experience is a plus
- Ability to think holistically about the user journey and experience
- An interest in innovation, global trends, new design concepts and user experiences, technology and hybrid virtual and physical worlds is strongly desired
- Ability to create and present storytelling visuals, programming approaches and urban design strategies with charisma and passion to large stakeholder groups and executive level leaders
- Skilled in visual, written and verbal communication of design issues with the ability to think outside the box and bring creative, non-standard and innovative solutions to the table.
- A working understanding of the design stages of AIA and the typical level of information required at each stage.
- Skill in presenting pictures and drawings to convey ideas
- Experience with rich hospitality, workplace and fit-out projects through direct experience or work experience in design or planning
- Proven vision, leadership and strategic skills to prioritize changing project needs; ability to turn ideas and capabilities into effective strategies to engage the project team
- Experience with general planning, urban development, rights and permitting processes, construction terminology and building systems, and overall project sequence/schedule
- Proven ability and track record to help guide decision-making and process
- An imaginative approach to problem solving will be a significant advantage
- A collaborative and personal approach is essential
- Ability to create and present financially viable storytelling visuals, programming approaches and business proposals with charisma and passion to large stakeholder groups and executive level leaders
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to easily manage multiple projects or workflows simultaneously
- Detail oriented with ability to think, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously in different phases with little direct supervision
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, customers, suppliers, stakeholders and management
We are currently working in a distributed hybrid model, which means you will be working from home or another location of your choice, in combination with the client’s office in Sunnyvale, CA, subject to local and federal health guidelines. and security. You are expected to be on site approximately three days per week. Travel within the United States and occasionally travel internationally for projects and/or team building as required, with advance notice.
- Holds all legal permits and visas required to work in the United States
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
OFFICEUNTITLED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, 401k plans (no consideration) and tuition/student loan reimbursement
- Paid leave, sick leave and statutory holidays
Please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to Work@officeuntitled.com