Executive Director of Career Design and Relations with Bowling Green State University
Reporting to the President, the founding Executive Director of the Hub for Career Design and Connections (HUB) brings together career services, internship and co-op support, student employment, pre-professional programs, and non-credit professional development programs to establish ties. and the interaction between students, alumni, employers, and organizations to generate opportunities that help students pursue their academic, professional, and post-graduation goals.
Essential duties, tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for increasing BGSU’s first-destination career placement rates, salary scores and rankings, as well as graduate and vocational school placement rates, as reported nationally; this will require high-level strategic alignment with VPs and Deans
- Manage and oversee the Career Center, responsible for job fairs, resume and cover letter development, and technology tools and platforms that students can use for job opportunities; Develop and build a career design plan and framework that enables students to align their academic and extracurricular experiences to achieve their career goals
- Manage and oversee Student Employment Services, which provides oversight of student employment functions, which include both work-study and non-work student positions and all graduate assistantships in academic units and operational; Develop and implement strategies to ensure student employment services support on-campus student employment in areas that align with a student’s career interests
- Manage and oversee career, professional development and connections, which consists of a team responsible for leveraging the BGSU partnership and alumni relationships to develop employment opportunities for BGSU students. Hire and develop expert content “connectors” to guide students through their career goals to get the jobs they want while interacting with employers
- Develop a portfolio of relationships and network of opportunities with appropriate local, regional, national and international employers for BGSU graduates
- Increase the visibility of the HUB and create strategies that increase the inclusive participation of diverse populations and organizations to achieve individual and organizational success
- Develop a strong partnership with the Center for College and Life Design (CCLD) to align with BGSU’s strategic plan, Forward; Develop strategies in conjunction with the CCLD Executive Director to integrate HUB programming, activities and student engagement strategies into College and Life Design; Collaborate with CCLD’s Executive Director and academic leaders to analyze labor market demographics and occupational and professional trends, as appropriate, to ensure educational programs remain relevant to today’s society
- Leverage design thinking insights and strategies to institute appropriate tools and metrics to track engagement, retention, and persistence of students engaged in Centers for College and Life Design and Design and career connections; Accountable for increasing college post-graduation success outcomes in terms of first-destination careers, graduate and vocational school internships, and career-readiness skills
- Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate admissions offices to support new student performance and facilitate enrollment in BGSU; collaborate with appropriate partners to support retention
- Work with the Vice President of University Advancement to leverage the approximately 195,000 alumni to connect, engage and support BGSU students
- Collaborate with college deans, other academic administrators, faculty and staff to provide strategies to improve career services for students of all majors and connect these students with employment opportunities and careers ; Work collaboratively with the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies to increase use of the HUB by graduate students and increase employment rates
- Launch a comprehensive professional development initiative and lead the HUB to deliver innovative, non-credit certificates and professional development to students, alumni, and working professionals to leverage credentials, experience, and training to optimize career opportunities
Knowledge, skills or abilities
- Understanding of concepts or experience of design practices.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will need to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The diversity statement should not exceed 1 page, double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12 pt. Character font.
- Do you see diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Bachelor’s degree required. The diploma must be issued at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 5 years of leadership experience in higher education and/or corporate/external talent operations
The following experience is preferred:
- 7 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with a framework and strategies involving career design, life design and innovation
Full-time administrative staff position available. Administrative level 362. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full set of perks available.
Deadline to apply: The Search Committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be submitted by ‘May 2, 2022’.
Bowling Green State University offers a comprehensive benefits package as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health (medical and dependent) accounts, life and disability insurance, pension plans, employee assistance program and tuition waiver for employees and their eligible dependents; and paid vacation, vacation, and parental leave. . For more information, please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description and to apply for this position, visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In accordance with the ADA Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and wish to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.