Architectural Technical Designer – Experienced – Los Angeles, CA, US | Works
The Yazdani Studio of CannonDesign is a laboratory of exploration and experimentation in architecture. Built on the reputation and leadership of award-winning designer Mehrdad Yazdani, the studio harnesses the best attributes of a small design studio with the resources and reach of our global practice.
The studio comprises a diverse team of architects, designers, 3D artists, technical specialists and creative thinkers who are fully committed to pushing the boundaries of design – from applying radically new technologies to improving sustainability concepts. and urban initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This experienced architectural technical designer will be a member of Yazdani Studio’s multidisciplinary team. Under the guidance of a Project Architect and Project Manager, you will be a collaborative member of our design team, assisting in the development of ideas that move our design program forward from the conceptual to the technical aspects of our practice.
- Contribute independently to design, production and coordination work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Assist in the coordination of engineering systems with consultants; actively partner with Design Leadership to bring design intent to life; and coordinate with all team members.
- Communicate project status, design intent, construction updates, and other critical information in a clear and compelling manner to owner(s), consultants, and clients.
- Facilitate the integration of sustainable and performance-based design strategies into the design solution wherever possible.
- Create a stimulating and enriching environment that promotes design and technical excellence.
- Monitor the technical quality of projects by applying the QA/QC process while ensuring that all legal project requirements are met.
- Supervise, monitor, train and work directly with interns and less experienced team members.
- Conduct field observations in the field. Field visits often require a physical visit to the site.
- Assume a leadership role within the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
- Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are technical knowledge, strong verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience.
- United States architectural registration preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements.
- Proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Suite.
LIFE AT YAZDANI STUDIO
CannonDesign’s Yazdani Studio recognizes the value of diversity within our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified job applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partner status, protected veteran status, disability, or other status protected by federal, state, or local law. . Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign’s Yazdani Studio in the United States will be considered regardless of citizenship/alienation.
As a condition of employment, all employees must complete mandatory training, including compliance training, on time and adhere to our internal policies and code of conduct.
HOW TO REGISTER
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions
Applications without work samples will not be considered. Portfolios should be a PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 10MB. Submit your portfolio and CV with a short introduction of yourself.
View your application history